Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Have you met Ted?

There are only a couple of television shows that I will recommend.

Friends. Are You Afraid of the Dark. Gossip Girl. Rock of Love. Sex and the City. Lost.

But at the moment, How I Met Your Mother is the only show that I would really do anything for (but I won't do that). When NPH walks onto the screen I know I'm going to laugh. When I use a high five in a real life setting, I think of how proud Barney would be. When people say they are going to McCrackens in Marietta -- I think of McClarens. If I see Canada on a map, I think of Robin Scherbatsky. When I step into Lenox or Town Center I hum the tune of 'Let's Go to the Mall". I had Marshmellow and Lily Pad on my top friends when I had the myspace. Jason Segal is a sexy beast in my eyes.

All of this to say, I didn't publicly endorse a politician in 2008. But for 2009, I will campaign the crap of out this show. So do yourself a favor and watch The Great NPH on Saturday Night Live this Saturday, or I'll punch you in the face.

6 comments:

Shaunna Faye said...

Oh God, I love it too! I need to get them on DVD so I can watch them all the time. I'll definitely be seeing NPH on SNL this week. Weeeeeee!

katiewhitecoat said...

gotta be honest... can't stand how i met your mother.

The Coaster Critic said...

Someone else remembers Are You Afraid of the Dark? Yes! And Lost is good, but it's getting to the point where I have to turn my brain off to watch. There are WAY too many unanswered mysteries in that show.

Oh and I just bought an '08 Sentra too. I love it so far.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

For some reason my comments keep getting jumpled up---- but basically- I just wanted to say that Michael and I watch HIMYM religiously and I totally agree with you on all accounts. They have become like old friends to us over the years.